Re: [conan] Digest Number 1071

  • Cherie Ponsuwanna
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      > and Ran? Maybe she has one, but Aoyama-sensei doesn't draw it~ he doesn't
      > often show Ran's bedroom, so you never know if she's got one or not~ but
      > i've got a feeling that Ran don't like computers... =3= just a thought.
      > don't know why...

      I agree that we can't be sure if Ran has a computer. However, it's clearly
      stated in the story that Ran doesn't know what the "Chat" is (from the Magician
      Club Meeting case, where Kaitou Kid made his second appearance in Conan), so we
      may conclude that she doesn't surf on internet since when most people know how
      to get online, they also know how to start communicating with other online too.
      But of course that can't tell if Ran doesn't own a computer.

      Anyway, don't forget that Ran has a cell phone which can send and receive
      picture message. (from Bloody Valentine case, Ran got a picture of herself from
      Shinichi via cell phone.) And looks like Ran is used to sending and receiving
      message with it. So she's surely not a I-don't-like-technology type. ^ ^

      Strange, isn't it? We're in the digital era where computer becomes one part of
      our life. It's kinda strange that Mouri doesn't own one, especially when
      they're living in the big city of Japan. ^ ^

      Cherie

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • toma-chan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
        --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, Cherie Ponsuwanna <ppcherie@y...> wrote:
        > > and Ran? Maybe she has one, but Aoyama-sensei doesn't draw it~ he
        doesn't
        > > often show Ran's bedroom, so you never know if she's got one or
        not~ but
        > > i've got a feeling that Ran don't like computers... =3= just a
        thought.
        > > don't know why...
        Hi! In the 4th movie, we get to see her bedroom, but it dosn't look
        like there is a computer there(at that time anyway... ^-^) I do know
        Conan knows how to use the computer(as demonstrated in some of the
        latest episodes), though not as much as Ai, since Agasa-hakase does
        have a computer and does use it to go online(even in 'The Mysterious
        Girl from the Organization' he said he was downloading things, the
        reason why he didn't get Shinichi's calls). Maybe they go to his
        house as well as the cafes? *shrugs*

        > I agree that we can't be sure if Ran has a computer. However, it's
        clearly
        > stated in the story that Ran doesn't know what the "Chat" is (from
        the Magician
        > Club Meeting case, where Kaitou Kid made his second appearance in
        Conan), so we
        > may conclude that she doesn't surf on internet since when most
        people know how
        > to get online, they also know how to start communicating with other
        online too.
        > But of course that can't tell if Ran doesn't own a computer.
        Hmmm... There's no good way to tell if she does or dosn't, since also
        the only way Shinichi "keeps" in contact with her is on the phone...
        From what I know of Japan, there are computers in every school, so
        she would be bound to use it eventually. Maybe she's not as online-
        motivated as Sonoko is though, like she's not on it so much.

        > Anyway, don't forget that Ran has a cell phone which can send and
        receive
        > picture message. (from Bloody Valentine case, Ran got a picture of
        herself from
        > Shinichi via cell phone.) And looks like Ran is used to sending
        and receiving
        > message with it. So she's surely not a I-don't-like-technology
        type. ^ ^
        True, in the "xxx" case(don't remember the exact name for it), she
        did send an message to Shinichi using the phone. I have a keitai(cel)
        phone here in Japan, and I can take pitcures with it, send and
        receive messages as well as use it to talk to people. One thing also
        I can do with it is surf the internet. I can look at news headlines,
        pick up music, and do various other things(there's even a Conan game
        I could play on my phone if I wanted to and had the money...^-^).

        > Strange, isn't it? We're in the digital era where computer becomes
        one part of
        > our life. It's kinda strange that Mouri doesn't own one, especially
        when
        > they're living in the big city of Japan. ^ ^
        >
        > Cherie

        Yeah, Tokyo, in Beika ward(though there isn't such a ward... ^-^ But
        of course we all know that... ^-^) But anyway, yeah, even where I am
        in Kofu, there are plenty of places to go to check email(there's even
        a Starbucks coffee/internet cafe downtown!) Talk to ya all later!
        Toma-chan