Re: [conan] A Simple Question for Conan Discussion

  • Shiniki Kudo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
      ^-^ Konnichiwa minna!! just to say hi~ i haven't been active for a long,
      long, long time now.. (lazy)

      erm.. about the question... if you think about it, Kogoro doesn't seem to be
      the type of person to use computers regularly, all he does is sit around
      either reading newspapers or watching TV...

      and Ran? Maybe she has one, but Aoyama-sensei doesn't draw it~ he doesn't
      often show Ran's bedroom, so you never know if she's got one or not~ but
      i've got a feeling that Ran don't like computers... =3= just a thought.
      don't know why...

      Kudo Shiniki~ ^-^

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
        Shiniki Kudo wrote:

        > ^-^ Konnichiwa minna!! just to say hi~ i haven't been active for a long,
        > long, long time now.. (lazy)

        And please act more if you can. We just need more experienced Conanians. I think
        [conan] should not be limited to doing quizzes -- we need more Conan discussions.

        > erm.. about the question... if you think about it, Kogoro doesn't seem to be
        > the type of person to use computers regularly, all he does is sit around
        > either reading newspapers or watching TV...
        >
        > and Ran? Maybe she has one, but Aoyama-sensei doesn't draw it~ he doesn't
        > often show Ran's bedroom, so you never know if she's got one or not~ but
        > i've got a feeling that Ran don't like computers... =3= just a thought.
        > don't know why...
        >
        > Kudo Shiniki~ ^-^

        One of the few stories that mentioned the Mouris' and computer is Special Version
        Vol 13 File 1. It seemed that neother member in the family owned one, and they
        were resorted to go to cybercafes. In that case it seemed that it's Kogoro who
        controlled the money, so Ran has to ask his dad?

        --
        Samuel Curtis, Shinichian and Hirokian. Although I must assert Shinichian
        superiority.

      • Mark Ramos
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
          I agree, without a case, Kogoro usually sits in front of the tv.  I'm not even sure if Kogoro is computer literate (but I maybe underestimating his skills).  But I wonder where does he keep his files?  He's a detective so I think he must have a hard copy his cases and a database on a computer somewhere.  --mark

          Shiniki Kudo <kaitokido@...> wrote:
          erm.. about the question... if you think about it, Kogoro doesn't seem to be
          the type of person to use computers regularly, all he does is sit around
          either reading newspapers or watching TV...

        • vayabe
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
            Well, before Conan came along I don't suppose they could even aford
            a computer and afterwards,since they'd gotten on well enought
            without it, perhaps there just didn't seem much point to getting
            one. Ran doesn't seem to have that much spare time what with school,
            karate, looking after the household and getting dragged into
            mysteries so it's not really surprising that she doesn't use
            chatrooms. I agree that Kogoro probably barely knows how to use a
            computer and somehow it seems unlikely that they'd get one just for
            Conan.
            While we're at it, don't the Metropolian police use computers ?
            Since when Kogoro's files were stolen they definetly appear to have
            been paper documents...
          • Shiniki Kudo
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
              >Shiniki Kudo wrote:
              >
              > > ^-^ Konnichiwa minna!! just to say hi~ i haven't been active for a long,
              > > long, long time now.. (lazy)
              >
              >And please act more if you can. We just need more experienced Conanians. I
              >think
              >[conan] should not be limited to doing quizzes -- we need more Conan
              >discussions.

              *O* experienced? (blushes) it's great to hear that, but to be honest, i'm
              not "experienced" in Conan at all~ just read the mangas, and get hooked on
              them! (grin)

              I think it's really nice of you to always start conversations and
              discusssions~ if i'm not mistaken, you seem to be the one always asking
              questions about Conan and doing insight analysis of characters! ^-^ you're
              the experienced one here! ^=^

              > > erm.. about the question... if you think about it, Kogoro doesn't seem
              >to be
              > > the type of person to use computers regularly, all he does is sit around
              > > either reading newspapers or watching TV...
              > >
              > > and Ran? Maybe she has one, but Aoyama-sensei doesn't draw it~ he
              >doesn't
              > > often show Ran's bedroom, so you never know if she's got one or not~ but
              > > i've got a feeling that Ran don't like computers... =3= just a thought.
              > > don't know why...
              > >
              > > Kudo Shiniki~ ^-^
              >
              >One of the few stories that mentioned the Mouris' and computer is Special
              >Version
              >Vol 13 File 1. It seemed that neother member in the family owned one, and
              >they
              >were resorted to go to cybercafes. In that case it seemed that it's Kogoro
              >who
              >controlled the money, so Ran has to ask his dad?

              Oh~~ that's why i've never seen it! i only read the conan manga by
              Aoyama-sensei~ and i never had the chance to get arouond to buy the special
              version of Conan ( are they drawn by Aoyama-sensei's assistants?)

              well, maybe the Mouris (to be precise, Kogoro) don't want to spend the money
              on a computer? His obsession with the idol he admires might mean that he
              spends large proportion of the money on posters or something~

              I've got another question... since i've never read any of the special
              versions, are they actually linked relatively closely to the main storyline?

              Kudo Shiniki ^-^