new approach to mysteries

  • Mark Ramos
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23 6:41 PM
      Great!  I have underestimated you people.  Actually, somebody asked me that mystery exactly a year ago and I had a difficult time answering it.  I asked too many questions and tried to know what kind of poison was placed in the drinks.  I was very stupid then.

      Anyway, about the new approach to the mysteries, I have thought about it before giving the second but I forgot to tell you about it.  So as requested, the yes/no questions, and the answers to it, should be emailed to the group and the guesses/answers should be emailed to me.  I'll try to think of how long will it take to solve a mystery given that we are using email.  Also, if anyone has problems/mysteries you want to share, feel free to send it to the group.  I'm sure some of you know some.

      Third mystery coming up!  The next one is common (I've known it since I was in grade school) but difficult to answer if you don't know it.
      --mark

    • eL Light

        Message 3 of 3 , May 31 5:42 PM
          --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, Mark Ramos <macgellar@y...> wrote:
          > Great! I have underestimated you people. Actually, somebody asked
          me that mystery exactly a year ago and I had a difficult time
          answering it. I asked too many questions and tried to know what kind
          of poison was placed in the drinks. I was very stupid then.

          wait...i think it is impossible for the poison to be in the ice cubes.
          1. because even if ben drank the drinks even before the ice melted,
          then he would still be affected by the poison. why? because
          eventually, he will digest the ice and his body system will absorb
          the poison.
          2. i also dont think that it is possible to put poison in the ice in
          such a short period of time.

          here's what i thought would be a more realistic conclusion to the
          problem:
          a. the poison is not in the ice, but rather in the food.
          b. since ben already drank his first glass of iced tea, this gave the
          waitress the chance to slip some kind of antidote into his next
          glass. (since she only wants to kill jack, and not ben) therefore,
          preventing the poison to kill the unsupposedly victim(which is ben).

          so there...just some ideas to consider. what do you think?

          gomen for the delay, because i didnt open my inbox for about a month.
          ciao!