Heiji`s family name

  • sunny85ch
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003
      can anyone tell me if Heiji`s familyname is Hattorie or Hatsutorie,
      cause in the German Manga they wrote it Hatsutorie, but I think
      that`s wrong. tnx

      Yve
    • Sara sosah
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003
          In romaji is's Hattori. The Germans made a mistake apprently.

          --
          Samuel Curtis, Shinichian and Hirokian. Although I must assert Shinichian
          superiority.

        • Cherie
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
            --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, "sunny85ch" <sunny85ch@y...> wrote:
            > can anyone tell me if Heiji`s familyname is Hattorie or Hatsutorie,
            > cause in the German Manga they wrote it Hatsutorie, but I think
            > that`s wrong. tnx

            It's Hattori.

            Anyway, I guess they're confused here because his surname is written
            as "Ha-tsu (smaller)-to-ri." When "tsu" is written smaller, it works like a
            sound combiner of the preceder and follower and isn't pronounced. In
            this case, "Ha" and "to" are combined together and become "Hatto."

            Well, I never take a serious Japanese class. I just learn by reading
            manga, so there'd be better explaination from the expert. ^ ^

            Cherie
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
              Cherie wrote:

              > Well, I never take a serious Japanese class. I just learn by reading
              > manga, so there'd be better explaination from the expert. ^ ^
              >
              > Cherie

              I'll ask Jessica. Well, received my letter?

              --
              Samuel Curtis, Shinichian and Hirokian. Although I must assert Shinichian superiority.