German Conan Anime info Needed

  • John Ma
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2003
      Recently I've knew that in Germany the Conan anime the progress has been
      pretty far -- as to past Ep 128. Can any German members here give us as
      much info about the German anime broadcast?

      --
      Samuel Curtis, Shinichian and Hirokian. Although I must assert
      Shinichian superiority.

    • snoopy 06
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2003

        Hi

        you can watch Conan in RTL2

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2003
          Well, I do know it is aired on RTL2, but... can you provide some more
          info and comments? Thanks.

          --
          Samuel Curtis, Shinichian and Hirokian. Although I must assert
          Shinichian superiority.

        • Marcy

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 31, 2003
              Marcy wrote:
              but as some episodes were switched and the TV- special "cut" into seperate epis. you can´t really numer it.
              Cutting specials is still reasonable, but changing ep numbers? I can't know why...
               the openings are changed, a few snippets rom the original openings and parts of the episodes, still the songs are kept, only translated and sung in German.
              Well, I saw videos of the German openings. What is exceptionally good is how they manilupated the Conan logos (As in the current opening, "Mit Aller Kraft", though, per canon, I'd like "Wahrheit" and starts with "Fur liebe, Fur traum, Fur die Wahrheit!") -- without any hints of change...
              Also interesting is the fact, that the voice of Shinichi and Conan is the same. only sounding more adult or childish.
              Does that caused Conan's voice overly high?
              Greetings, Marcy
              Thanks Marcy.

              Samuel.
              --
              Samuel Curtis, Shinichian and Hirokian. Although I must assert Shinichian superiority.

              Caritas Optimus Veritas
                Love   Ideal   Truth

            • Solitaire
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 31, 2003
                Hi,

                > Cutting specials is still reasonable, but changing ep numbers?
                > I can't know why...

                Well, that's because specials count as one episode in the japanese
                version, but - since they are cut into two parts - as two in the
                german. I'd preferred to see them named e. g. 161a and 161b, but
                that's too complicated for the station, I guess.

                > Well, I saw videos of the German openings. What is exceptionally
                > good is how they manilupated the Conan logos (As in the current
                > opening, "Mit Aller Kraft", though, per canon, I'd like
                > "Wahrheit" and starts with "Fur liebe, Fur traum, Fur die
                > Wahrheit!") -- without any hints of change...

                Oh, I like the logos as well, that's one thing they did really good.
                Unfortunately, the version you suggested wouldn't go, since that
                translation isn't possible, grammatic-wise - it would be 'Für die
                Liebe, für den Traum, für die Wahrheit', but that doesn't sound that
                good because it has too many sillables. Believe me, I've tried to
                sing that, it just doesn't sound good ^^;

                > Also interesting is the fact, that the voice of Shinichi and
                > Conan is the same. only sounding more adult or childish.
                > Does that caused Conan's voice overly high?

                Hm, no, actually not that much. In my ears Conan does sound a bit too
                old to be only seven years old, but Shinichi is did very well ^_^;

                Other than that there are some other things as well.
                They changed some points in the script, but mostly to make it more
                'acceptable' for a foreign (i.e. german) audience - e. g. added some
                interesting nicknames. But other than that, a really really good. They
                even kept the occasional kanji ^_^; I'd even go as far as to say that
                it's the best dub so far in german TV. But I'm biased I guess ^^;

                Ela,
                who is ecstatic because Ai is now in Conan ^_^;
                --
                Ela - that reads "Dangerous and armed"

                SysOp at www.comicforum.de
                Admin of the AMHF-ML
                www.livejournal.com/users/bemysty
                Quote for the day:
                I have P.M.S. and a Gun. Did you say something?
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 31, 2003
                  Solitaire wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > > Cutting specials is still reasonable, but changing ep numbers?
                  > > I can't know why...
                  >
                  > Well, that's because specials count as one episode in the japanese
                  > version, but - since they are cut into two parts - as two in the
                  > german. I'd preferred to see them named e. g. 161a and 161b, but
                  > that's too complicated for the station, I guess.

                  Well, I mistook it as changing episode sequences.

                  > since that
                  > translation isn't possible, grammatic-wise - it would be 'Für die
                  > Liebe, für den Traum, für die Wahrheit', but that doesn't sound that
                  > good because it has too many sillables.

                  That was provided another German on an irc channel -- I don't know German as
                  a fact.

                  > Other than that there are some other things as well.
                  > They changed some points in the script, but mostly to make it more
                  > 'acceptable' for a foreign (i.e. german) audience - e. g. added some
                  > interesting nicknames.

                  Give examples?