why

  • syaoran_cool <syaoran_cool@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2003
      why conan not in tv
    • Summon Illusion
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2003
        this is a bit of a general question. what country are
        you takling about?
        --- "syaoran_cool <syaoran_cool@...>"
        <syaoran_cool@...> wrote:
        > why conan not in tv

        =====
        "There's really nothing much to say...some people live, others die...some fight, others cry..."

        (Summon Illusion)
        Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/~summonillusion/
        E-mail: kiw5@..., AIM: summonillusion, ICQ: 108753005, MSN: kiw5@..., Yahoo: kiw5 Website (dead): http://illusionsworld.tripod.com

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2003
          "syaoran_cool " wrote:

          > why conan not in tv

          The biggest reason is cost. Since Conan is undoubtedly the most popular anime
          in Japan, in terms of TV ratings, hence is was a very expensive anime to air,
          even Pokemon is more expensive to Conan. And given that Conan isn't that
          child-friendly, according to laws in many countries, it has to put at hours
          so late that prevented it to be profitable, or having excess cuts. In HK the
          earliest time for any Cona anime is 00:05...

          --
          Samuel Curtis, Shinichian, Millerine and Hirokian

        • M.Fauzan Guciano
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 27, 2003
            Is Conan categorized not to children rate in your
            country?
            In my country, Indonesia, there is a conan tv movie n
            it is showed on children tv prime time. I think there
            isn't any problem about it.

            -FAUZANO-

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 27, 2003
              It is regarded the more Americanized a country is, the more possibly that
              Conan was categorized not for children.
              AFAIK, CTV of Taiwan aired Conan at prime hours (21-22), and China don't
              treat it as non-children -- Conan toys were given as kiddie meals in KFC last
              summer.

              But America, we've the famous Fox who bought Conan and then dropped it, since
              they found thay slicing and dicing it is not possible. (The result of slicing
              and dicing -- check the ml's old archives and search for "Conan's capers".)

              --
              Samuel Curtis, Shinichian, Millerine and Hirokian