Re: [conan] Re: 'Shinichi' and doujinshi

  • Linda CHHIM
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2002
      I agree, this can be a reason to the dropping of subscription...

      -------------------
      => I seriously think that it is a bit way off tangent. "ichi" is just
      a common
      => word in Japan and is found in a lot of names. Shin = new, ichi =
      one, (and
      => it is written as such too in kanji) as someone pointed out
      previously. Who
      => knows what's intended. Perhaps the author wants to imply he's the
      best,
      => number 1 etc.
      =>
      => In whichever case, we will never know and personally I find such
      => speculations don't really add much to my enjoyment of the series. A
      lot of
      => times, a lot of things may look like a coincidence. But I seriously
      doubt it
      => is all intended, even for Conan where a lot of names do mean
      something else
      => (or rather borrowed from a composite of other author names most
      notably will
      => be of course, Edogawa Conan (from Edogawa Ranpo and Conan Doyle)
      =>
      => maybe this is the reason why subscribtion numbers are dropping =p..
      most
      => people probably are not really fans to this extent where they try
      and imply
      => something from everything.
      =>
      => just my two cents worth.