After All Chapter two

  • Aichan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2002
      Well, I sent it two days ago, but I'm not sure if you received it, so... here it goes again ^__^

      Hi again!! Another chapter up, kinda soon ^__^. And I know, it’s kinda huppy waffy fluffy ^^U

      First of all, thank you very much for the nice reviews!! I really wasn’t expecting them, but
      I’m glad you liked my story!! And also for the advice you gave me ^__^ Don’t worry for all
      the questions you may have, they’ll be answered in the right moment.
      And as for the grammar errors, please feel free to correct me when you see a mistake, English
      is not my first language, and I really want to improve it.

      Well, enough said for now, let’s go into action!!

      Chapter 2: Some nice talks

      That same evening, after flying to Okinawa and taking a taxi to their final destination, the
      four teenagers, with their respective bags full of summer clothes, found themselves looking at
      the Manza Beach Hotel entrance.

      “Wow, Kudô!! You really did it this time!!” Said Heiji, eyes still looking at the nine-storie
      building in front of them.

      “Yeah…” Kazuha was quite speechless. She expected no less from Kudô Shinichi, but certainly not
      that much! She would really enjoy this vacation, she told to herself.

      And they would have beeen looking at the building for all the evening, hadn’t Shinichi told them
      to move on. ”Hey, do you want to sleep outside or what? We have to check in, so let’s have a look
      at the hotel later.” At that, they finally took their bags and went into the building, curious
      about how the rooms would be like. Even Ran didn’t know that, so she only walked on beside Shinichi,
      wanting to know what he had for them.

      As soon as they got in, a nice receptionist, who smiled and gave them a warm welcome, greeted them.

      “Good evening, and welcome to Manza Beach Hotel! Did you make a reservation?” She asked, permanent
      smile always on her face.

      “Good evening. Yes, I have two reservations for Kudô*” Shinichi told her.

      “Kudô? Sure. Just wait a minute, please” She said while typing at the reception computer. “Here it
      is. Rooms 923 and 925, am I correct?” She smiled at him, already knowing why he had explicitly
      asked for those rooms.

      Shinichi smiled back at her. “That’s it, thank you very much”. He picked up the cardkeys of the said
      rooms, and turned to the others. “So, how about we go to the rooms and unpack? The bags feel quite
      heavy, and I really am tired”

      Ran’s face saddened a little when he said that. ‘He really needs the rest now…’ At that moment,
      Shinichi turned to look at her, and seeing her face, tapped her head.

      Smiling, he told her “Don’t worry, I’m fine. It’s over now”. At that, Ran could only smile back. But
      then, she could feel some uncomfortable glances at her. Knowing where they came from (namely her dear
      Osaka friends, who were now smiling evilly to themselves), she picked up her bag. “Ok, let’s go!!”.

      “Shinichi, you didn’t tell me we’d be staying in THESE rooms!!”

      Ran’s exclamation was justified. Shinichi, being who he is, had to pick the hotel suites. They were
      nearly as big as her own house! Of course, Shinichi only put on his already famous Shinichi Smile ®.

      “And what did you expect, a lousy double room on the third floor? If I say vacation, it’s really
      vacation!! We have a whole week for us in these rooms, and we’re going to enjoy it!”

      “Oh, I suppose I can’t complain then” Ran said. And she turned to Kazuha “Ne, Kazuha-chan, let’s go
      unpack and put on our swimsuits! The pbeach looks great from here, don’t you think so?”

      “Yeah, let’s go!! Um, see you in the pool, ok?” Kazuha told Shinichi and Heiji. When the two girls
      left to their room, Heiji couldn’t wait anymore.

      “So, it finally ended, didn’t it?”

      “Yeah… finally” Shinichi answered. “And I still didn’t get to thank you and Tôyama. Really, I wouldn’t
      be alive if it weren’t for you”

      At that, Heiji smiled. “Come on, the Osaka branch of the organisation wasn’t that strong after all.
      Once you finally took care of the Tôkyô branch, it all came down quite easily”

      “Well, as long as we’re allright, I suppose I can’t complain”. He stopped for a second, his face turning
      serious. “Is Kazuha really ok?”

      “Yeah, don’t worry about her. It seems Ran had told her about her suspicions, because when I told her
      she wasn’t that surprised, and she really wanted to help. She understood why you had to hide your true
      identity, so she’s not angry.”

      “I’m happy to hear that.” Shinichi smiled.

      And, what about that Haibara girl? She didn’t want to come here with us?” Heiji asked, curious about her.

      “Well, she said she would be busy these days, with the drug investigation still going on. And she said
      a little girl wouldn’t fit with four teenagers”

      “So she stayed small after all?” He still asked, although he figured what the answer would be.

      Shinchi sadly smiled. “Yeah. She said it would be her way of paying for all the deaths she caused. I suppose
      it really is the best for her.”

      “If she says so…” Heiji finally said, and began changing into his swimsuit. “Hey, wanna bet what the girls
      will wear? I say brown bikini for Kazuha and… red and white for Ran!”

      “Ha, you failed this time. Ran’s is black and white”

      Heiji facefaulted at that. “Oh? And how are you so sure about that?”

      “Mainly because it’s the one she put in her bag this morning” Shinichi grinned. A thud could be heard as
      Heiji dropped his clothes.

      “I should have known. You finally did it!!!”

      “Uuaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!! I’m so happy for you, Ran-chan!!!!!!!!” Kazuha’s cry could be head from the
      third floor. She was really enjoying their talk, now.

      “Kazuha-chan! The rest of the people here aren’t interested in our talk, you know?” Ran was madly blushing
      at the glances she received from other tourists. “Yes, we’re together now. Enough?”.

      Of course, it WASN’T enough for Kazuha. “No way! I want details. You already kissed?”

      It was certainly Ran’s Blushing Day. “Y-Yeah…” And she blushed even more, which made Kazuha even more curious.

      “And?…”

      “Well, and…”

      “…”

      “And?……..”

      “……”

      “Come on, Ran-chan!!”

      “Well, we… you know… this and that and…”

      Kazuha nearly drowned when she finally realized what her friend was trying to say. “Oh.”

      “You really don’t want to be in the same room?” As the were heading to the beach, Heiji asked for the
      hundreth time, The Teasing Look not leaving his face. Shinichi was kinda tired by then.

      “Well, you know I’d love to, but I only asked for two rooms, so you can guess who will have to sleep
      together then” Shinichi returned the teasing. As hoped, Heiji shut his mouth, and didn’t open it until
      they met the girls.

      “Heh!! I knew it, Brown bikini!!

      “Of course you would know, wouldn’t you?” Now, he realized, would be Shinichi’s turn to tease him to no end.

      From the water, Ran greeted them “Hey, come here! The water is really nice!”

      “You see? Black and white bikini, I told you” Shinichi told Heiji, with, you guessed, his Shinichi
      Smile ® Then he turned to Ran “Hey, the water is really nice, you know”

      “Hm, you didn’t believe me? Of course it is, water is warmer in the evening” She replied, without a
      really angry face though. Until she was splashed. “Hey!!!!”

      Heiji and Kazuha could only sigh at the drowning game the couple had begun to play.

      “…”

      “Should we leave them alone?”

      Ran managed to get her head out of the water “No… *glub* wait *glub* a moment!!” (Take glubs as Shinichi
      making her drink some nice salty water).

      “We definitely should” Kazuha finally said, letting out a defeated sigh.

      * I’m sure this sentence is an insult to English grammar, someone please tell me how it should be written T_T

      Well, that’s all for now (I’m not home and have little time left, so I’ll send this as a chapter and maybe
      make it a bit longer later ^__^). Hope you all liked it!!

      Of course, c&c appreciated ^__^ always trying to improve!!

      And please, tell me of any grammar mistakes, I’ll feel really happy to correct them.