12403Re: An alarming note hinting that Case Closed would be a bit kiddified

  • v1cky84
    Apr 6, 2005
      not only do US adapt Anime, but the also remake those famous korean,
      hongkong and japanese movies...don't know if you guys have heard of
      it but US keep buying the copyrights for asian movies at such a
      cheap amount of $$ and remake them...why can't they just show the
      original movies or animes without dubbing it or changing the names
      or remaking it????don't understand what's so hard about reading
      subtitles???pissing me off a lot of times...
      what do you guys think?

      --- In conan@yahoogroups.com, KID <kaito1412@g...> wrote:
      > Somehow I was more upset with Gin's and Vodka's name being changed
      > more than anything else. Their's actually had a theme to it that
      ties
      > directly into the story line. Well so does Shinichi's (Jimmy's)
      and
      > Kogoro's (Richard's) for a certain movie, but it seems that Gin's
      and
      > Vodka's were more evident later in the story.
      >
      > On Apr 6, 2005 1:29 PM, ris im <linmeiyue@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > hear hear!!!
      > >
      > > =P yeah.. hate those adaptations too... i mean, not only do they
      ruin the
      > > voices, they also mess up the names(some of them) and what's
      worse, they had
      > > the nerve to change the storyline as well!!! i mean, is that even
      > > legal??!!!?
      > >
      > > nah, just ranting.
      > >

      > > Kudo Shiniki <kaitokido@h...> wrote:
      > >
      > > =x=|| Sorry if I'm rude here, but I really don't appreciate US
      and other EU
      > > countries adapting Anime... to me, they ruin almost every anime
      they
      > > translated into English... not only does the voices lose their
      original
      > > tone (all voice actors sound the same!! and they speak as if
      they're all
      > > old men!), the anime they choose to have on air suddenly
      become "for kids"!

      > > Although I admit Conan is not for "adults", but this anime/manga
      isn't for
      > > kids either. "Kids" as in children under 10... shouldn't be
      described as
      > > "superhero powers" or "parent approved".... :sigh: =x= can't
      bear to see
      > > Conan turning into a kiddie show... :sigh:
      > >

      > > >From: "Samuel Curtis" <conanchristie@e...>
      > > >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [conan] An alarming note hinting that Case Closed
      would be a bit
      > > kiddified
      > > >Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:14:17 -0000
      > > >

      > > >Amazon has listed the Case Closed 2006 Calander.
      > > >(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-
      > > >/0789312549/qid=1112158733/sr=8-7/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i7_xgl14/002-
      2222903-
      > > >7608816?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)
      > > >
      > > >The hype said,
      > > >
      > > >"Now on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block, Case Closed; is a
      hit
      > > >anime program about a famous teenage detective who is poisoned
      by a
      > > >mysterious crime organization and becomes trapped in the body
      of a
      > > >seven-year-old boy. Adopting the name Conan Edogawa, this
      unstoppable
      > > >sleuth armed with special gadgets that give him superhuman
      abilities
      > > >continues solving seemingly impossible cases while pursuing his
      > > >assailants and the antidote that will return him back to normal
      size.
      > > >This calendar features a classic "whodunnit" in the style of
      the hit
      > > >show "CSI." Targeted for kids ages 9-14 and even older, Case
      Closed
      > > >is parent-approved: Detective Conan is good-hearted, smart, in
      the
      > > >company of great characters, and the subject of clever
      storylines,
      > > >and imparts such life lessons as "never settle for anything
      less than
      > > >the truth.""
      > > >
      > > >I found this hype, peppered with words like "superhuman
      abilities"
      > > >and "parent-approved," seemed to mean that the anime is going to
      > > >focus to a younger popualtion that the Adult Swim viewers. I
      persume
      > > >that CC would probable enu up in Toonami.
      > > >

      > > ConanManiaDotCom - A Place for Conan Fans
      > > http://www.conanmania.com

      > > Yahoo! Messenger
      > > Show us what our next emoticon should look like. Join the fun.
      > >
      > > ConanManiaDotCom - A Place for Conan Fans
      > > http://www.conanmania.com

      Service.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic