12401RE: [conan] An alarming note hinting that Case Closed would be a bit kiddified

  • ris im
    Apr 6, 2005
      hear hear!!!
      =P yeah.. hate those adaptations too... i mean, not only do they ruin the voices, they also mess up the names(some of them) and what's worse, they had the nerve to change the storyline as well!!! i mean, is that even legal??!!!?
      nah, just ranting.

      Kudo Shiniki <kaitokido@...> wrote:

      =x=|| Sorry if I'm rude here, but I really don't appreciate US and other EU
      countries adapting Anime... to me, they ruin almost every anime they
      translated into English... not only does the voices lose their original
      tone (all voice actors sound the same!! and they speak as if they're all
      old men!), the anime they choose to have on air suddenly become "for kids"!

      Although I admit Conan is not for "adults", but this anime/manga isn't for
      kids either. "Kids" as in children under 10... shouldn't be described as
      "superhero powers" or "parent approved".... :sigh: =x= can't bear to see
      Conan turning into a kiddie show... :sigh:

      >From: "Samuel Curtis" <conanchristie@...>
      >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [conan] An alarming note hinting that Case Closed would be a bit
      >Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:14:17 -0000
      >Amazon has listed the Case Closed 2006 Calander.
      >The hype said,
      >"Now on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block, Case Closed; is a hit
      >anime program about a famous teenage detective who is poisoned by a
      >mysterious crime organization and becomes trapped in the body of a
      >seven-year-old boy. Adopting the name Conan Edogawa, this unstoppable
      >sleuth armed with special gadgets that give him superhuman abilities
      >continues solving seemingly impossible cases while pursuing his
      >assailants and the antidote that will return him back to normal size.
      >This calendar features a classic "whodunnit" in the style of the hit
      >show "CSI." Targeted for kids ages 9-14 and even older, Case Closed
      >is parent-approved: Detective Conan is good-hearted, smart, in the
      >company of great characters, and the subject of clever storylines,
      >and imparts such life lessons as "never settle for anything less than
      >the truth.""
      >I found this hype, peppered with words like "superhuman abilities"
      >and "parent-approved," seemed to mean that the anime is going to
      >focus to a younger popualtion that the Adult Swim viewers. I persume
      >that CC would probable enu up in Toonami.

      Yahoo! Messenger