11788Re: [conan] Detective Conan is Case Closed; Jimmy Kudo joins the rank of Bobby Jackson

  • J. Chou
    Feb 8, 2004

      Yeah... 'Jim' doesn't really fit, either. It's an old name and since this takes place in Japan, no one would have English names. So what if the voice actors have problems with the original names? They're getting paid, aren't they?

      >From: Erika Narimatsu
      >To: conan@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [conan] Detective Conan is Case Closed; Jimmy Kudo joins the rank of Bobby Jackson
      >Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:24:54 -0800
      >
      >Tell me I'm not the only one here cringing with unhappiness. Who on
      >earth decided to change certain names and not the others. I would
      >have hoped that since this was going to cable it wouldn't undergo
      >name changes. Where is the logic of keeping the last name Kudou if
      >you're going to change the first name Jimmy? At least Conan Edogawa
      >was kept intact. The more I think about it, the more I wanna go bleh
      >to it.
      >
      >-Erika
      >
      >On Feb 6, 2004, at 8:48 AM, John Ma wrote:
      >
      >>Funi decided that, due to "legal considerations," Detective Conan
      >>would
      >>be renamed "Case Closed."...
      >>
      >>And character name changes:
      >>Shinichi Kudo: Jimmy Kudo;
      >>Ran Mouri: Rachel Moore;
      >>Kogoro Mouri: Richard Moore.
      >>
      >>Official website: http://www.caseclosed.com/

      Check out the great features of the new MSN 9 Dial-up, with the MSN Dial-up Accelerator.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic