[Computational Complexity] The Lance-Food Diet
- As my long time readers know, I enjoy a good Francesinha as much as the next guy, but around the time of FCRC last June I realized I was simply getting too fat and had to do something about it. I would never last eating only so-called "healthy" food so I tried a different approach still eating the foods I love and I dropped forty pounds reaching my goal weight in November.
I should write a little pamphlet and sell it for $39.99 but for you readers I reveal my secrets for free.
- I went cold turkey on sweets. No brownies, no cakes, not even any non-fat frozen yogurt. Seminars and conferences offer us too many opportunities to partake of empty calories so best to have a hard and fast rule.
- Smaller portion sizes: One slice of pizza instead of two. A single hamburger instead of a double. Also fewer side dishes like fries.
- I cut out between meal snacks even if they don't seem too bad like pretzels. Do not eat when you aren't hungry.
- Avoid at all costs those evil green things commonly known as "vegetables." You'll never survive if you force yourself to eat stuff you don't like.
- I have been running three times a week, but this is no more than I did before the diet began.
Follow these simple rules and you too can lose weight the Lance way.
Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 1/28/2008 06:24:00 AM