[Computational Complexity] Theoretical and Mathematical Foundations of Bogosity

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2007
      I recently got the following email.
      I sent to papers to a conference TMFCS08 (Theoretical and Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science) and got accepted, however, they ask me to pay the registration fee twice, one for each paper (2x$550), is that normal?
      1. I emailed her that this IS normal for bogus conferences that are complete ripoffs, but not normal otherwise.
      2. I'm surprised anyone falls for this kind of thing. Then again, it may be that the school that the prof is at also does not know the difference, so it does help the resume.
      3. I looked on the web for more info on this conference and could not find anything saying it was bogus (By contrast you can find stuff about WSEAS being bogus). Anyone have any more information?

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 11/27/2007 09:29:00 AM