[Computational Complexity] Scorpio's Logic

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      The job market for theorists is rough, and for logicians even rougher. Hence some seek employment outside of academia, outside of research labs, outside of mathematics! This may explain the following which appeared in the onion astrology column under Scorpio. We quote it here:
      Scorpio Love means different things to different people, but you're the only one for whom it means that to every w-consistent class K of formulas there corresponds recursive class-sign r (on free var. v), such that neither (v Gen r) nor ~(v Gen r) belong to Fig(K).
      I leave it to my commenters to identify what this means. However, it does require someone who knows some logic to come up with it. I would like to think that some recent PhD's in logic got a job at the onion and is happy there.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 8/01/2007 06:03:00 AM