[Computational Complexity] Petition Against Boycott of Israel Academics

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2007
      I recently go this email from Yoav Freund
      PLEASE SIGN PETITION - very sad - not surprising - STOP THE ACADEMIC BOYCOTT OF ISRAEL!!

      On the 30th May 2007, a resolution to boycott all Israeli academic institutions was passed by Britain's University and College Union (UCU).

      WHAT CAN YOU DO? PLEASE SIGN OUR PETITION AND FORWARD TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE: petition.

      There is a nuance to the story- the Boycott has not been quite agreed on yet, see this news story, however this makes it even more important to sign it while there is time to head this off.The above is written presupposing that the boycott is a terrible idea and that the petition is a great idea. And that is what I believe. If you disagree then you can leave polite and intelligent counter-arguments in the comments.

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 6/08/2007 10:08:00 AM