[Computational Complexity] FCRC: Registration, Visas and Hockey

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2007
      The Federated Computing Research Conference (FCRC) has opened registration and housing. FCRC, held June 8-16 in San Diego, is a mega-conference including STOC, Complexity, COLT, Electronic Commerce (EC), SPAA, and a few non-theory conferences as well.

      For registration, you pay a single fixed FCRC Fee and then a separate registration for every conference you attend. You are allowed to attend talks in any conference held during the same day you are registered for some conference. Tutorials and workshops are closed, though we are trying to open up the EC workshops.

      If you need a visa, read this and apply now. The US visa process can take months.

      Catherine McGeoch, the self-proclaimed ToC Hockey Commissioner, tells us the theory community has been challenged.

      The computer architecture community (which attends ISCA) has challenged the theoretical computer science community to a "friendly inter-league" hockey game, to take place during FCRC. They will make local arrangements — we just have to get up a team.

      If you are attending FCRC, and can pass as a theoretician (and/or as a hockey player), you are hereby invited to sign up for the now-forming ToC Hockey team. Tell all your friends to sign up, too.

      I remember long ago in graduate school playing (badly) for the theory group's intramural team, Execution Time. Now I can't even keep up with my eight-year old daughter.

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 3/21/2007 05:57:00 AM