[Computational Complexity] Fifteen Seconds

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2006
      The University of Chicago wrote a press release about the prediction market maps for the Senate and Governor races that I created with Yahoo!'s David Pennock and Yiling Chen. The press release led to short articles on the New Scientist and Scientific American web sites and a handful of other blogs. Although even with the nice virtual ink, there was never a day more people looked at the maps than at this weblog.

      What about the elections? No senate race in Illinois but a governor's race where I have yet to find anyone who likes either candidate. We do have two good candidates in my congressional district, but what difference does it make as which party has control of the house is much more important than the views of the particular candidate we send there.

      The Illinois politician garnishing the biggest praise is not even running this year, our junior senator and future president.

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 11/05/2006 06:49:00 AM