[My Computational Complexity Web Log] Coming Home

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2003
      Howdy from Aarhus, Denmark where I am attending the 18th Annual IEEE Conference on Computational Complexity. As readers of this weblog probably have figured out, this is, by far, my favorite conference. Complexity is smaller and more relaxed than the broader theory conferences like STOC and FOCS. I know most of the participants and have a genuine interest in the most of the papers here. While elsewhere theorists try more and more to find connections to applied areas, here we are happy to focus on the fundamental power of efficient computation.

      During the rest of the year I attend some conferences in broader areas or in areas that are not in my major focus. But coming to Complexity is coming home, and it always feels great to be back where I belong.

      --
      Posted by Lance Fortnow to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 7/7/2003 04:45:23 AM