[Computational Complexity] Who Wants to Watch?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2006
      Is it me or does the Fields medal seem to be getting more attention this year than usual? Nothing like a famous theorem and a crazy mathematician to spice up the awards a bit.

      You can watch the ICM invited and prize winning talks here, both live and archived. Speakers of note include Terence Tao, Avi Wigderson (the first two talks of the third session) and, of course, Jon Kleinberg (last talk of the fifth session). Avi has a paper to go with his talk.

      On a lighter note watch Stephen Colbert's take on the Fields Medal by clicking here then here.

      (Thanks to Lenore Blum and Bill Gasarch for the pointers above.)

      In other science news, Pluto is no longer a planet. Everything I learned in grade school was a lie.

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 8/24/2006 03:23:00 PM