[Computational Complexity] A Metapost

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25 12:17 PM
      A German student came up to me during the Complexity conference last week. "The Czechs beat the US in the World Cup"

      That game happened a month before. "And the Italians beat the Germans. What is your point?"

      "You had said in your weblog that the game would long be forgotten before you came to Prague and I wanted to prove you wrong."

      I try to keep my blogger persona separate from my real persona and not talk about the weblog when I have conversations with my colleagues. Occasionally I will start write something down, "Weblog Fodder" I'd say.

      Still others bring up the weblog, usually asking the question about how much time it takes (as opposed to say any comments about the content of the weblog). So people will stop asking me, a typical non-technical post takes me about 15 minutes. The key is to not worry about perfection; people forget the silly or sloppy posts and will be very happy to point out any mistakes I make.

      Then there are those who want to watch what they say to me because it might show up in the weblog. I try not to embarrass anyone or reveal personal information, but I do get most of my ideas from regular conversations with people. Anything you say to me is fair game.

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 7/25/2006 02:05:00 PM