[Computational Complexity] Going Home

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2006
      Today I fly back to Chicago ending my three country European tour. During this Complexity Conference I stepped down from my role as chair of the conference (organizing) committee and leave the conference in the very capable hands of Pierre McKenzie. I truly enjoyed running the conference over the past six years, particularly in working with different program committee and local arrangement chairs each year. It is time for another leader, but I will miss this role in the conference that has been so central in my academic career.

      Other notes from the business meeting:

      Pavel Pudlak and Eric Allender are the new members of the conference committee taking over for Harry Buhrman and Avi Wigderson ending their three-year terms.

      This year we decided to discontinue the Complexity Abstract program. The abstract program let people write up a one page abstract on any of their papers and Bill Gasarch (later Steve Fenner) would collect and distribute electronically before the conference. The conference started program back in the 80's when people who didn't have their papers in the conference wanted a forum to announce their results. But now with the ECCC and the arXiv, we no longer need this program.

      The 2007 Meeting will be June 13-16 at FCRC with STOC and other conferences. Peter Bro Miltersen will be PC chair. There will not be a joint session with STOC as we had at previous FCRCs though there will be some coordination in scheduling the talks during both conferences. The 2008 meeting will be at the University of Maryland.

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 7/20/2006 02:29:00 AM