[Computational Complexity] England on the 4th of July

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2006
      I have just started a three week European trip. This week at the Randomness and Complexity workshop in Bristol, next week in Porto, Portugal and ending up at the Computational Complexity conference in Prague.

      I will celebrate American Independence Day in the country we declared independence from, and not for the first time. You see many European conferences and workshops around this time. You don't notice Independence Day at all in England, the English being more upset at their lost in Portugal in the World Cup then their loss in an 18th century war.

      I'm rooting for Portugal to win against France in the semifinals, since I'll be in Portugal for the final game and also because they are playing the French.

      Blogging will be light this week as Internet access is not that easy; the Marriott here charges 15 Pounds/day for wireless access, shame on them.

      If you don't normally read comments, the recent post on FOCS accepts has generated a record number of comments for this weblog. Check it out and join in the discussion. Nothing gets the emotions up more than discussing the importance of various conferences.

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 7/03/2006 12:23:00 PM