[Computational Complexity] The Internet Never Forgets

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 5:09 AM
      The ACM announced the 2005 Award Recipients. Looks like it is for real this time, here is the press release on Peter Naur's Turing Award.

      What happened last week? I got an email pointing to the awards site and suggesting that I congratulate Omer Reingold in the weblog. I agreed and put up the post and mentioned a few other winners as well. It wasn't until several hours later that I discovered, via an anonymous comment on the post, that the awards site went up by mistake. By that time the damage had long been done so I decided to just leave the post.

      Inadvertent announcements have always occurred but the Internet makes the news travel faster and further and impossible to undo.

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 3/02/2006 07:08:00 AM