[My Computational Complexity Web Log] Celebration for Walt Savitch

    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2003
      Just got this announcement. And we just discussed Savitch's Theorem in my last Foundations Lesson.

      The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of California, San Diego, is sponsoring an event on June 12, 2003, on the occasion of Professor Walt Savitch's birthday and in recognition of his thirty-four years of teaching Computer Science at UCSD. This event will feature two distinguished speakers, Professor Stephen Cook (University of Toronto) and Professor Aravind Joshi (University of Pennsylvania) with a reception in honor of Professor Savitch concluding the program. The event will take place at Eucalyptus Point (Room B) in Thurgood Marshall College on the UCSD campus. Please see the department web site for a link to more information.

      This event immediately follows the STOC conference which is also being held in San Diego as part of FCRC.

      --
      Posted by Lance Fortnow to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 5/21/2003 10:33:52 AM