[Computational Complexity] Thanks a Bunch STACS

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2005
      The STACS conference has ruined my weekend. How? They extended their submission deadline from Friday to today. You might say why don't I just pretend the deadline was Friday and I would be none the worse off? Co-authors.

      The extended deadline let one of my co-authors slack off. Another set of co-authors decided to submit a result to STACS that we probably would have held off for another conference. So I'm spending too much of this weekend reading over and editing papers.

      For better or for worse, computer scientists schedule their lives around conference deadlines. It would be best if they weren't moving targets.

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 9/18/2005 09:50:00 AM