[Computational Complexity] Proof

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2005
      The movie Proof opens today after more than two years after a number of the scenes were filmed at the University of Chicago, some right in Ryerson (home to computer science). The movie got caught up in the Disney-Miramax divorce and is one of a half-dozen movies being released by Miramax before the September 30 separation date.

      I saw the play as part of the excursion during the 2002 QIP conference and enjoyed it though I felt the mathematician's life didn't feel right, it went a bit too far on the pressure to produce.

      I rarely see non-children's movies in the theaters these days so I probably won't see Proof until it is out on DVD. But let me know what you think about the film (careful about spoilers) and who makes the better mathematician: Jake Gyllenhaal (Proof) or David Krumholtz (Numb3rs).

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 9/16/2005 05:54:00 AM