[My Computational Complexity Web Log] FCRC

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2003
      Even the largest theoretical computer science conferences draw at most a couple of hundred people. Many (but not all) other areas of computer science also do not draw large numbers of participants. To have a larger and more noticeable conference and possibly to get press attention, the CS community decided to hold a joint conference covering many different areas in computer science. In 1993, the first Federated Computing Research Conference was held in San Diego.

      The press didn't show but with some cross-collaboration the conference was considered a mild success. After stops in Philadelphia and Atlanta, FCRC returns to San Diego June 7-14. The 2003 FCRC includes the main spring theory conference (STOC), Electronic Commerce (EC), Computational Geometry, Principle and Practice of Parallel Programming and many others. Registration deadline is May 7.

      For the first time the Complexity Conference will not be part of FCRC as 2003 is a Europe year for us. I am planning to attend FCRC for STOC and the EC meeting. If you attend FCRC stop by and say hi.

      --
      Posted by Lance Fortnow to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 5/4/2003 6:45:35 AM