[Computational Complexity] Magic is in the Eye of the Beholder

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2005
      I just finished the latest Harry Potter book. Amazing how much you can read when stuck at an airport. It seemed like half the people at the Seattle airport on Monday were reading that book.

      No spoilers in this weblog. Let's just say the wizarding community has seen better days.

      Ever notice that except for a few new potions and spells, technology has not changed much in the wizard world. If Hermione could only google "half-blood prince" she wouldn't have to spend so much time in the library. Email beats owls any day. Wouldn't it be nice for them to have some music in their lives, an iPod or at least a radio?

      This is what happens in a culture where they don't teach their young science and math and no one seems to go to college.

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 7/21/2005 08:15:00 AM