[Computational Complexity] Winnie and Mathematician and a Few Comments on Comments

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2005
      Today's Science Times has an article on Danica McKellar an mathematically-talented actress, best known for her role as Winnie on Wonder Years. She has a Bacon number of two and an Erdös number of four, the first completely legit example I know of someone with finite Bacon and Erdös numbers.

      An administrative issue on comments. Because I apparently violated a security policy on our department computers, you can no longer post new comments on the old commenting system, that is on posts before May 9, 2004 as well as the General Comments link. You still can read the old comments and post comments on posts since May 9, 2004.

      And while I'm on the topic of comments and because some have asked, I have never and never will post a comment anonymously on this weblog. I encourage everyone to sign their comments (what do you have to hide) or at least use an alias so we can match comments to the same writer. Still I'd rather you leave comments anonymously than not leave them at all.

      I've also been asked about deleting comments. I reserve the right to delete any comment but so far have done so only in the following cases:

      1. Duplicate comments.
      2. Comment spam.
      3. Once because the author of the comment requested it to be deleted.
      4. Once because the comment was too long. The comment started with something like "I wrote a book on the topic and here is the first chapter…" If you have something long to say put it somewhere else on the web and put a link in the comments.

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 7/19/2005 05:08:00 PM