[Computational Complexity] Remembering the Holocaust

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2005
      As you probably know today was the sixtieth anniverary of the liberation of Auschwitz. In religious school as a kid we read books, saw gruesome movies, met holocaust survivors and I visited a concentration camp during a college trip to Europe. But the enormity of the holocaust hit me most during my sabbatical year in Amsterdam in 1996. One fourth of the population of the city was Jewish in the 30's. We had to work hard to find the small Jewish population so we could properly celebrate the Jewish holidays during our year there.

      I worry sometimes about how to keep my children aware of the holocaust. How do I prevent them from just thinking it was just some event that happened a long time ago? When they reach my age what will they and the world do for the 100th anniversary of Auschwitz? Let us hope we can always remember.

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 1/27/2005 07:22:10 PM