[My Computational Complexity Web Log] Comments

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2003
      Because of the popularity of the war weblogs, the Haloscan commenting system I was using was being overloaded which would on occasion cause my web log to have errors and require a long time to load. To avoid this I'm now using cgiComments which I am hosting myself.

      The major negative is that I have lost all of the old comments. I apologize for this. Please feel free to repost your old comments or add new ones.

      --
      Posted by Lance Fortnow to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 4/8/2003 1:21:01 PM

      Powered by Blogger Pro

      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2004
        Some strong comments on Rocco's post on the recent Columbia theory day. In my own highly biased point of view, I find the study of efficient computation critical in a society that becomes continually reliant on computation on both explicit computers and implicitly in various biological, economic and physical systems. And how can one study efficient computation without developing reasonable models of computation and analyzing those models?

        I don't mean to sound so altruistic; I get paid to do what I love. But I do truly believe one needs to understand the mechanisms that make up our world if we wish to improve them. I write this weblog, in part, to educate about the beauty and applications of theoretical computer science.

        A comment about comments. I understand that many of you choose to post anonymously rather than register at Blogger and I'm fine with that. If you don't mind please add your name at the end of the comment. I like to know who is behind the comments and its useful to match up different comments by the same person. Of course, I'd rather get your comments anonymously than not at all.

        --
        Posted by Lance to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 5/20/2004 06:06:50 PM