[Computational Complexity] Ooscla

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2004
      One of my Indian graduate students mentioned the university yookla and gets confused when I talk about Texas (not UTA) or Illinois (as opposed to UIUC which is too easily confused with UIC).

      So for the foreigners out there, here is a quiz for the common names for some major American universities, which all native-born Americans know because of their sports teams.

      I could go on forever. Sometimes the name depends on where you say it. In Illinois we have Northern, Southern, Western, Northeastern as well as Northwestern.

      --
      Posted by Lance to Computational Complexity at 12/17/2004 03:43:33 PM