[My Computational Complexity Web Log] Back in Dagstuhl

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      I'm back in Dagstuhl for the workshop on Algebraic Methods in Computational Complexity. The roof looks great. I have attended several Dagstuhl workshops for over twelve years now since the workshop on Structure and Complexity Theory in 1992. I have seen Dagstuhl expand and evolve over these years and this is the first time I feel that Dagstuhl has achieved its completed state. I love coming here; Dagstuhl has a contained environment in a pretty but boring part of Germany where we complexity theorists give seminars, eat and drink together and talk science and other stuff. Politics and baseball seem to dominate the discussions this week.

      A group of German software engineering professors share Dagstuhl with us this week. They are meeting to discuss future directions of German software engineering research and to find ways to increase student enrollment. The drop in students desiring a computer science degree is not just an American phenomenon.

      --
      Posted by Lance to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 10/12/2004 01:14:54 AM