[My Computational Complexity Web Log] NP-Completeness for a 9-Year Old

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2004
      My nine-year old daughter had a homework problem with the following diagram.

      She had no problem solving questions like: Beginning and ending at the entrance, describe the shortest route you can take that will allow you to see 4 different kinds of animals.

      "You're doing computer science," I said.

      "I don't see any computers," she responded.

      "Computer science is problem solving like finding the shortest path."

      "Then computer science is pretty easy."

      "OK, is there a way to visit every animal exactly once?"

      She found this question much more challenging.

      --
      Posted by Lance to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 10/7/2004 07:18:55 PM