[My Computational Complexity Web Log] NSF News

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2004
      Arden Bement, who has been serving as the acting director of the National Science Foundation since Rita Colwell stepped down in February, has been nominated for the permanent director position.

      The US Senate continues to work on the appropriation bills to set funding levels for next years US fiscal year that starts October 1. The CRA has a summary of the various bills affecting research funding in computer science (see also this note from AIP). Most worriesome (as I've mentioned before) is the funding for the VA-HUD bill that covers the NSF. The House committee would cut the budget by 2%. The CRA has an Advocacy Alert, still time to contact your senators.

      --
      Posted by Lance to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 9/17/2004 10:06:49 AM