[My Computational Complexity Web Log] Theory in the Coca-Cola Capital of Iowa

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2004

      Today I gave the talk at the Atlantic Theory Seminar, not Atlantic as in ocean but Atlantic, Iowa (population 7,257). Located halfway between the theory groups of Iowa State and Nebraska, the Cass County branch of the Iowa Western Community College hosts a theory seminar every couple of months. Pretty impressive that these theory groups, faculty, postdocs and students, drive two hours each just to join for a seminar and talk theory with each other. Quite an enjoyable day in rural America.

      Sorry about the quality of the picture above. We didn't have a digital camera so I took the picture with my cell phone.

      --
      Posted by Lance to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 8/31/2004 09:28:36 PM