[My Computational Complexity Web Log] NSF Budget

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27 4:52 AM
      The US House Appropriations committee has passed the NSF budget at a 2% ($111 Million) cut. There are still many more phases in the budget process to go but this cannot be viewed as good news for science. For various reasons, the NSF is lumped in the same budgetary group as Veteran's Affairs and the veterans lobby better than scientists.

      The American Institute of Physics has a detailed report and perspective. Here also is a statement from the Coalition for National Science Funding and some comments from the Computing Research Policy Blog.

      --
      Posted by Lance to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 7/27/2004 06:36:40 AM

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 22, 2004
        Over the weekend the US Congress passed an omnibus spending bill for the fiscal year that started on October 1. The CRA has a roundup of the budget for the National Science Foundation and other funding agencies. Bottom line: NSF down 1.9% overall, with a 0.7% drop for "research and related activities"

        It's going to be another tough year for grants.

        --
        Posted by Lance to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 11/22/2004 08:33:20 PM