[My Computational Complexity Web Log] Some Links and Random Thoughts

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2004
      Michael Nielsen is in the midst of a long series of posts on Principles of Effective Research. Much of what he says seems obvious but the obvious often needs to be pointed out.

      Nielsen mentions a new Erdös number eBay auction. We shouldn't use eBay to get people to pay us to do our research; that's what we have graduate students for.

      A couple of computational geometers Suresh Venkatasubramanian and Jeff Erickson have been quite active on their weblogs. Check them out.

      Finally for some music to prove theorems by, the BBC has put the entire Beethoven sonata cycle with Portuguese pianist Artur Pizarro online.

      --
      Posted by Lance to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 7/19/2004 08:55:43 AM