[My Computational Complexity Web Log] Comments

    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2004
      Some strong comments on Rocco's post on the recent Columbia theory day. In my own highly biased point of view, I find the study of efficient computation critical in a society that becomes continually reliant on computation on both explicit computers and implicitly in various biological, economic and physical systems. And how can one study efficient computation without developing reasonable models of computation and analyzing those models?

      I don't mean to sound so altruistic; I get paid to do what I love. But I do truly believe one needs to understand the mechanisms that make up our world if we wish to improve them. I write this weblog, in part, to educate about the beauty and applications of theoretical computer science.

      A comment about comments. I understand that many of you choose to post anonymously rather than register at Blogger and I'm fine with that. If you don't mind please add your name at the end of the comment. I like to know who is behind the comments and its useful to match up different comments by the same person. Of course, I'd rather get your comments anonymously than not at all.

      --
      Posted by Lance to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 5/20/2004 06:06:50 PM