[My Computational Complexity Web Log] Computer Science Unplugged

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18 11:36 AM
      Can you teach basic computer science concepts to children? Without a computer?

      Computer Science Unplugged by Tim Bell, Ian Witten and Mike Fellows has a wonderful collection of games and activities designed to teach young people about basic CS ideas like binary numbers, searching algorithms, text compression, information theory and much more. Some of the activities are available online. My favorite: Sorting Networks that kids can run through and find themselves ordered.

      --
      Posted by Lance Fortnow to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 3/18/2004 01:34:23 PM