[My Computational Complexity Web Log] Marriage and the Donald

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2004
      A few interesting items from this week's Newsweek.

      Chicago Theory Ph.D. Amber Settle and quantum computing expert Andre Berthiaume redefine marriage.

      Donald Trump lists his seven rules of success. The first four apply directly to academic research.

      1. You have to be born with enough brainpower.
      2. Once you have that, you have to love what you're doing. I've never seen anyone succeed who didn't love what they were doing.
      3. You cannot stop. If there is a concrete wall in front of you, you have to go through it. You can never, ever give up or even think in terms of giving up.
      4. Confidence is a very important thing. But confidence isn't something you develop by saying "I'm going to do this or that." You really have to believe it.

      --
      Posted by Lance Fortnow to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 2/26/2004 05:30:11 PM