[My Computational Complexity Web Log] My Doom

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2004
      Yesterday I got an email addressed from SUNY Stonybrook with a strange attachment. I checked it with a virus checker and then stupidly opened it. Apparently a new variation of the MyDoom virus got to my computer a few hours before its virus definition was available for download. This is a reason not an excuse.

      My computer is clean now but many people I know got emails with the From addressed from someone else I know. So be careful when opening your email and don't make the same mistake I did.

      And for all of you Mac and Linux users out there: Go ahead and laugh. (Just anticipating the inevitable comments)

      --
      Posted by Lance Fortnow to My Computational Complexity Web Log at 2/24/2004 08:36:09 AM