[Computational Complexity] The Annual Fall Jobs Post

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2011
      For these looking for an academic job in computer science next year, best to start on the jobs pages of the CRA and the ACM. Both lists seem long this year, perhaps the job market is finally beginning to pick up.
      Also check out the postdoc opportunities on Theory Announcements.

      Feel free to list other job opportunities in the comments.

      My department has two faculty positions for next year. Neither one specifically in theoretical computer science but we do plan to treat the areas broadly.

      My advice: Apply widely, the job market is quite unpredictable. Put real effort into your research statement and be sure your CV is informative yet concise. Most importantly: Choose your letter writers well.

      --
      Posted By Lance Fortnow to Computational Complexity at 11/07/2011 08:01:00 AM