[Computational Complexity] How hard is this problem?- I ask this non-rhetoric...

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2010
      I recently saw the following puzzle:

      Which two numbers come at the end of this sequence? (That is, what are x and y?)
      2,4,5,30,32,34,36,40,42,44,46,50,52,54,56,60,62,64,x,y
      I could not figure it out. I went to the sequence-website which gave me the answer. Before the web I would not have been able to do this and I may have had to wait until there was a web to look it up on in order to solve it. Or maybe I could have solved it, though seeing the solution I doubt that.

      How hard is this problem? How to tell how hard it is? How well known is this puzzle? YOU can help me!
      1. Try to solve it without using any other resources.
      2. Leave a comment either saying either I solved it without any help OR I was unable to solve it OR I knew how to solve it since I already saw it.
      3. Please do not include the solution. I will not post a solution--- if you are curious just type it into the sequence website.
      4. Please do not lie. I want to use this to judge how hard this problem is.

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 10/14/2010 08:26:00 AM