[Computational Complexity] How hard is this problem?- I ask this non-rhetoric...
- I recently saw the following puzzle:
Which two numbers come at the end of this sequence? (That is, what are x and y?)
2,4,5,30,32,34,36,40,42,44,46,50,52,54,56,60,62,64,x,yI could not figure it out. I went to the sequence-website which gave me the answer. Before the web I would not have been able to do this and I may have had to wait until there was a web to look it up on in order to solve it. Or maybe I could have solved it, though seeing the solution I doubt that.
How hard is this problem? How to tell how hard it is? How well known is this puzzle? YOU can help me!
- Try to solve it without using any other resources.
- Leave a comment either saying either I solved it without any help OR I was unable to solve it OR I knew how to solve it since I already saw it.
- Please do not include the solution. I will not post a solution--- if you are curious just type it into the sequence website.
- Please do not lie. I want to use this to judge how hard this problem is.
Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 10/14/2010 08:26:00 AM