[Computational Complexity] Two Candidates for an Ig Noble in Mathematics

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2010
      (This is a sequel to my post on the Ig Nobel Prize.)

      Two candidates for an Ig Nobel prizes in Mathematics. They deserve it for opposite reasons. (They are old results and hence, I assume, do not qualify.)
      1. The Banach Tarski paradox deserves an Ig Nobel since it is obviously false.
      2. The Jordan Curve Theorem deserves and Ig Nobel since it is obviously true.

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 10/13/2010 11:50:00 AM