[Computational Complexity] Partha Niyogi (1967-2010)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2010
      University of Chicago Computer Science and Statistics Professor Partha Niyogi passed away on Friday after a battle with brain cancer. Partha worked in machine learning in a number of theoretical and applied areas, particularly memorable for his use of manifold theory in semi-supervised learning.

      I knew Partha well from my years at Chicago. It's hard to lose someone who was a close colleague and friend, especially when they die so young. A great loss.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 10/05/2010 08:02:00 AM