[Computational Complexity] The Theory Social Network

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2010
      Derrick Stolee tweeted that the videos from the 2010 Complexity Conference are now on-line. If you want to attend a conference live, don't forget early hotel and conference registration for FOCS ends Thursday. Hope to see you there.

      On a related topic, I once wondered if we could have a "virtual complexity coffeehouse" where researchers could electronically drop in, talk research and other stuff. I even once played with Second Life on the hope that one could create the coffeehouse there, but found that environment wanting.

      The new Q&A site (http://cstheory.stackexchange.com) comes reasonably close, the format of the communication seems to generate real discussion about various problems and interest among the community. I know it's working because I've already had to tell one of my students that he spends too much time there. Now, if they also had some discussions on controversial issues, advice on living the theory life, and dispensed a good latte we'd be all set.

      --
      Posted By Lance to Computational Complexity at 9/27/2010 05:21:00 AM