[Computational Complexity] Ralph Kramden: Your wait is over! 3D-TV is here!

    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2010
      (This was written before I saw Lance's post on gadgets. This post could be called an unintentional co-post. Is that a word? Now it is!)

      In The Honeymooners episode that aired on Oct 1, 1955 Ralph Kramden does not want to buy a TV set because I'm waiting for 3D TV. He could be called the ultimate last blocker.

      Well Ralph, your wait is over! 3D TV is here if you have 9000 dollars to spend. And you should look here for more information.
      1. I won't buy it until its MUCH cheaper and MUCH better. Actually I may not buy it at all. Do I really need it?
      2. Monsters vs Aliens and Ice Age: The Dawn of the Dinosaurs are already out in 3D. The Shrek series should be soon. Some sporting events are being broadcast in 3D. (Information from the most recent Consumer Reports Magazine which had an article on 3D TV.)
      3. In America one needs a cell phone and a computer to function in society (there are exceptions). People selling and improving cell phones and computers are supplying a need. People selling and improving HDTV and 3D-TV are creating the demand. Do we really need these things? I would say no. Will our great great nieces wonder how we ever managed without them? Probably. We wonder how our great great grandparents managed without TV. Some of us wonder how our grandparents managed without cable.

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 5/05/2010 10:36:00 AM