[Computational Complexity] SIGACT Awards

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010
      ACM announced the following awards recently. Note that some of the awards are named after theorists and some awards went to theorists.

      Any comments on their work are welcome.

      See here for the formal list and more information. I also list them here:
      1. Eugene L. Lawler Award for Humanitarian Contributions within Computer Science and Informatics: Gregory Abowd, Georgia Institute of Technology
      2. Paris Kanellakis Theory and Practice Award: Mihir Bellare, University of California, San Diego, Phillip Rogaway, University of California, Davis
      3. Karl V. Karlstrom Outstanding Educator Award: Matthias Felleisen, Northeastern University
      4. Grace Murray Hopper Award: Tim Roughgarden, Stanford University
      5. ACM AAAI Allen Newell Award: Michael I. Jordan, University of California, Berkeley
      6. Software System Award: Mendel Rosenblum, Stanford University, Edouard Bugnion, Scott Devine, Edward Wang, Jeremy Sugerman. They founded the company VMware.

      --
      Posted By GASARCH to Computational Complexity at 3/31/2010 10:48:00 AM